Capsule wardrobes are becoming quite popular with minimalists, I myself being an extremist, but as a professional, i’m going to help you style a limited wardrobe with some quick tips and options.
So, what’s a capsule wardrobe? Essentially, it’s essentials and for practical living and shopping. For the minimalist or someone on a budget this is a great option. We did some shopping for some winter style essentials that could easily be worn to work, play or any relaxed occasion.
- Black Sweater
- White Blouse
- Trousers (Gray and Plaid Print)
- Winter Coat
- Cute Skirt
- Light/Neutral Sweater
- One color metal jewelry
The goal with the options above is to elevate a basic capsule wardrobe with graphic tees and jeans or cropped pants and a blazer. The pieces are simple, classy and classic. Here’s a few more tips.
Benefits, How To’s and What To Do’s
- Just think about small tweaks and interchangeability for both casual and professional looks. Mix a casual element (graphic tee) with a chic element that can be professional, too, and you have a comfortable trendy look with some sneakers or flats.
- Mix all solid tops with available bottoms (and vice versa…solid bottoms with printed tops) to get the quantity of outfits up.
- Cropped pants are great for flats and heels. Make sure you get some with a bit of stretch and don’t be afraid to mix up shoe styles.
- Use accessories to jazz up you individual looks and add a different element with each look.
- A few fun elements such as a hat (beret or fedora) is a simple feature that adds some flair.
- Have a pop of color. Rather a bright solid option (like the blue coat below or maybe a great red pant (can be multi seasonal and always looks great with solid white, black or grey), color adds a fresh airiness and fearlessness to your look.
Have you guys tried the capsule wardrobe trend? Let me know!
Model is wearing: